Thursday, February 5, 2009

BONSAI... Japanese Art...
















Bonsai are created not to bring the beauty and harshness of nature into one’s home and garden, but rather as an artistic representation of nature.

The literal meaning of bonsai is "grown in a tray"


The above are fifteen bonsai art included... I have only few names of the trees...

The first one is the Royal Poinciana..Flame tree.. My favorite..
5th-conifer
6th-wisteria
7th-rhododendron
8th-japanese spiraea
9th-japanese beech
10th-apple bonsai

Size Classifications of Bonsai..
Class Size
cm in
tiny Mame Keshi-tsubu up to 2.5 up to 1
Shito 2.5 – 7.5 1–3
small Shohin Gafu 13 – 20 5–8
Komono up to 18 up to 7.2
Myabi 15–25 6–10
medium Kifu Katade-mochi up to 40 16
medium to large Chu/Chuhin 40–60 16–24
large Dai/Daiza Omono up to 120 up to 48
Bonju over 100 over 40


The first time I came across Bonsai was in the exhibition of flora when I was in my 8th standard. Bonsai trees were exhibited by our Principal..Ms.Manga Devi.. Please do attend such exhibitions and Gardens.. I assure a nice experience..


And Guys interested in Botany, I found http://grow.ars-informatica.ca website informative and interesting..

1 comment:

  1. Cool bonsai!!!!! Keep it up :) thanks for giving those ideas to make ou project :) you made me inspired :) goodluck for your next bonsai!!!

    ReplyDelete