Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine week - 7



Odette: I see him smiling and my knees start buckling. I see inside him and my doubts are gone.
Derek: She started out as such an ugly duckling, and suddenly became a swan.
Odette: So happy to be here...
Derek: Til now I never knew...
both together: ...it was you I've been dreaming of.
— Swan Princess 



The cycle now is at the start of a relationship. I meant, the theme for this Valentine week is going to be the beginning of a love story, after proposal and break-up. I guess I don’t like things in their normal order. When I mean beginning, it is not when the two people meet or they express their love. The word coined for this is Love Epiphany.

For lack of better definitions, I stick with the one by a website on TV series.

"When a character realizes he/she is in love with another character. This is not when the character confesses this to that other character or anyone else, but when the character realizes it him/herself. Often this can be when a character had feelings already and realized this has blossomed into love, or when a character has been in a denial about these feelings until this moment. Now this doesn't necessarily lead to a relationship. (Often this could be just unrequited, if not forever, at least for the moment, or just in his/her mind) " [Edited]

The process of realizing love or love epiphany (I mean only romantic love in these posts) for a person is not always a beautiful journey. For few definitely it is butterflies in stomach, sparkling eyes, blushing cheeks or the feet that left the ground or the world, which is painted in pink. But for majority, it is more of a shock than surprise. It could be a moment before parting, a moment after some third person enters into picture, a moment in old age or (touch wood) a moment after departed. However, it will always be the moment you remember as long as you live. 

In the era of Facebook where love is just "luv" and an overly abused word in texts, why we still seek it in depth? I heard somewhere, it is because love is as mysterious as it was ages ago. I guess it is. Why would else it makes the most cynical, logical, critical people stammer over talking of it's beginning? Oops, did I spill beans about the final post? Now, I definitely did!

That’s the short introduction to the story coming up. So as usual it’s going to be a weeklong marathon with finale on Valentine’s Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment