Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Horseley Hills....




The first place that comes to my mind when I think of my tours all over India is Horseley hills. It was a part of the tour package(our own) consisting of Puttaparthi and Lepakshi. It was just one day halt in this hill spot but life time experience. The info I had about it before hand is that its higher than Tirumala hills(2019 feet). It was almost night by the time we reached the foot of the hill. And climbing, travel on ghat road and loops and bends.... Oh.. seriously scary and dangerous But thrilling too. After reaching there, we had food in Punnami(A.P. Tourism arranged hotels). Our family was accommodated in forest department guest house. The steps leading to the Guest house makes us feel special(Actually i felt like princess) due to the flower decoration on either sides. First thing noticed in the guest house was cradle... Lovely... The room was spacious with a double cot, curtains opposite covering windows(As I supposed). Resumed to sleep early as it was damn cool.

The next day I was the last to wake up and absolutely stunned by scenary infront of me. As the curtains moved sideways, its the glass wall and balcony outside with bamboo fencing. Full of greenary and a cute lavender color flowers tree. Picturesque, hard to describe. Beautiful view of the valley from the balcony. We spend some time sitting there just enjoying the climate. As we got the breakfast, we asked the boy places to visit. He told about Krishna temple to be reached by trekking(not infact just steps). We started for it after getting ready. As it was winter temperature was moderate and we were actually walking through semi forest. The lavender flowers tree( I wanted to know the name but how? Its wild tree). It was fun climbing steps (Dont imagine metres wide. Hardly 2 m wide an at times each 1m high) in beginning but later we started losing enthu. So stopped for sometime for photographs session. After reaching the Krishna temple (as they told us) I was surprised coz its just 2mx2m raised platform in 4mx4m cleared square ground to the right of steps. The mandapa may be 4m tall with a statue of Krishna of 1 n 1/2 30 cm scale tall. All this was found ruined and partially destroyed. (I was silly thinking it could be Muslim or British invasions. I was too young friends, cant help such brain hurricanes). I am so devotional. Offered Krishna wild flowers i plucked around (like Meera or Radha :P). By the time I was done with my Pooja my father and sister reached the top of teh cliff. I ran to that place. Oh my God... Its wonderful to be on the top of the world.....wooohoo..

We took rest in the afternoon. And evening my Dad's friend (Nagaraja Rao uncle, good friend of mine amd my sister too) joined us. He is very funny to be with. We took photographs at the cute tree type fountain and the union of two trees. Walking through the zoo(Oh no! I dont know what to call it..net like place for birds and small animals), we reached the car and then to Gali banda. Its too windy and so may be its named "Gali" banda. (gali means air or wind in telugu).

There was a coach like formd by 3 medium sized rocks. Me and my sister took photographs there. It was cozy but came back soon as it was dark(No! It was place for drunkards, understood by bottles left). Watching sunset, wow damn enjoyed. We stayed till moon could be seen properly and then forced to return back. We couldn't make it to go to Timmamma marrimanu (huge banyan tree, over 550 years old, covering an area of 2.1 acres.). Ya.....not to forget the food. It was delicious. As we order the food vegetables and stuff were brought from down the hill and then cooked.

The next day moving to the last stop on the hill is Governor's guest house(not to stay just to stare :P).

I heard from my father that from the view point here clouds could be seen here near. But sky was clear that day so no such luck. Brindavan kinda garden arranged with jasmine plants. Tooooo cool..

And totally review. Its nice to be honeymoon spot obviously being a hill station [;)].. As it was unseason to be at hill station when we went and it was not much famous then, we had a sense of owning it(Chi.. nt we.. only me.. who else could be that much silly? :)...)

Horsley Hills is accessible from Bangalore which is 165 km away. Hyderabad is about 500 km away.
The nearest large railhead is Chittoor or Bangalore, and Madanapalle is only an hour away by road.

1 comment: